Welcome to the Great Pyrenees Club of Metro Milwaukee!
The Great Pyrenees Club of Metropolitan Milwaukee Specialties were held on Saturday, October 10, 2020 at the Greater Racine Kennel Club grounds in Caledonia, Wisconsin.
We enjoyed seeing you, and took the following steps to make this event as safe as possible during this global pandemic:
- These shows were held entirely outdoors – including show ring and grooming
- Limited building access was available for use of restrooms
- To limit the time spent on-site, we held Conformation and Sweepstakes classes ONLY (Sorry Obedience & Rally exhibitors. Hopefully, next year!)
- Masks/face coverings were required in designated areas, including the show ring & ready-areas, building, and any time the recommended 6′ of social distance could not be met.
- There was no ringside seating
NOTE: We were not providing electric power, and asked that you bring your own generator and pop-up tent for grooming. There is plenty of space to maintain suitable distance between set-ups at your vehicle or on the grounds.
As a bonus for those who attended, we provided complimentary boxed lunches for all exhibitors and staff.
We look forward to seeing you in next October, in 2021. Be Safe!
Rick Fitzgerald Penny Janz
- AKC Suggested Best Practices re: Covid-19
- Wisconsin Dept. Health of Health Services: Covid-19
The GPCMM was founded in 1976 and has members all over the country, although most are in Wisconsin and northern Illinois. The club held the Great Pyrenees Club of America National Specialty show in 1982, 1991, and again in 2011. The GPCMM is an AKC licensed specialty club and holds two regional specialties each year. The group meets for programs, films, educational talks on training, showing, care, and a chance to socialize with Pyr people. In addition to an active rescue program, members occasionally have puppies available for sale.
If you are interested in the club, or desire more information about Great Pyrenees, please don’t hesitate to contact us!